How should I transport my product?
If you need to ship your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as follows.
- Turn off the product.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Open the printer cover and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move, then turn the product off again.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape.
Caution: Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Close the printer cover.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Close the paper support and output tray.
- Pack the product in its original box or one of a similar size using the protective materials that came with it.
- Keep the product level during transportation; otherwise the ink may leak.
Print Head Alignment
Print Head Cleaning
Published: Mar 21, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!