What steps can I take to prepare my product for storage?
If you'll be placing your Epson printer into storage for a period of time, follow these storage guidelines to prepare the printer:
When storing the product, avoid tilting it, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak. Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing. Do not carry the product by the control panel; this may damage the product.
When storing this product in a box, place it so that the control panel does not get damaged.
Do the following:
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the scanner and check that the print head is all the way to the right (home position). If necessary, turn on the product, then turn it off again. Leave the ink cartridges installed.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape.
Caution: Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the scanner.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug all the connected cables.
- Close the output tray and paper support.
- Lower the control panel by squeezing the release bar and gently pushing the panel down.
Caution: Do not lower the control panel without first squeezing the release bar or you may damage your product.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product.
- Keep the product level to prevent damage.
If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.