What steps can I take to prepare my product for storage?
If you'll be placing your Epson printer into storage for a period of time, follow these storage guidelines to prepare the printer:
When storing the product, avoid tilting it, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak. Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing. Do not carry the product by the control panel; this may damage the product.
When storing this product in a box, place it so that the control panel does not get damaged.
Do the following:
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the scanner and check that the print head is all the way to the right (home position). If necessary, turn on the product, then turn it off again. Leave the ink cartridges installed.
- Lower the scanner.
- Remove all the paper from the cassette(s), and reinsert the cassette(s).
- Unplug all the connected cables.
- Close the output tray.
- Press the release bar underneath the control panel, and lower the control panel all the way down.
- Pack the product in its original box or one of a similar size using protective material to keep it from moving inside the box.
- Keep the product level to prevent damage.
If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.