How do I send a fax from my product's control panel?
Do the following:
Faxing from the Control PanelYou can send a fax from your product control panel by entering the fax number or selecting the number from either the contact list or fax history. If direct dialing has been restricted, you can only select the number from the contact list or fax history. You can send black and white faxes to multiple recipients, but not color faxes.
- Place your original on the product for faxing.
Note: To fax a double-sided document, place it in the ADF and turn on the ADF 2-Sided setting.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Fax. You see a screen like this:
- Do one of the following:
- Enter the fax number using the buttons on the control panel.
- Select the Enter a Fax Number area on the LCD screen, and use the numeric keypad on the screen to enter the fax number. You can enter up to 64 characters.
- Select Contacts, select one or more recipients from the list, and select Proceed.
- Select History, select a recipient from the list, press Menu on the Details screen, and select Send to this number.
Note: If necessary, enter an outside line access code (such as 9) at the beginning of the fax number. If the access code has been set up in the Line Type setting, enter the # pound sign instead of the code.
- If you need to change any fax settings, select Menu, select Fax Send Settings, and select your settings.
Note: If your recipient's fax machine does not print in color, your fax is automatically sent in black-and-white.
- If you want to preview the fax image, select Preview.
- Select Presets to save your fax settings.
Note: Presets can be locked by an administrator. If you cannot access or change this setting, contact your administrator for assistance.
- Press one of the buttons.
Note: To cancel faxing, select Cancel.Your product scans your original and prompts you to place additional pages, if necessary.
Selecting the Line Type
Fax Send Settings
Placing Originals on the Product
Setting Up Contacts and Contact Groups