How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi connection to a computer or another device without using a wireless router or access point?
You can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and a computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
Note: You may need to enable the Wi-Fi Direct setting in the Advanced Settings menu before you can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode.
- Press the up or down arrow buttons, select Wi-Fi Setup, and press the OK button. You see this screen:
- Press the down arrow button, select Wi-Fi Direct Setup, and press the OK button.
- Press the down arrow button, select Connection Setup, and press the OK button.
- Press the down arrow button, select Change Password, and press the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
Note: If you have already connected devices or computers to your product via Wi-Fi Direct, they will be disconnected when you change the password.
- Enter a Wi-Fi Direct password using the control panel buttons.
Note: Your password must be at least 8 and no more than 22 characters long.
- To enter letters or symbols, press the up or down arrow buttons to scroll through characters, and press the right arrow button to select one.
- To enter numbers or change the case of letters, press the Stop button.
- To delete the previous character, press the left arrow button.
- To enter a space, press the right arrow button.
- Press the OK button when you’re finished entering your password.
- Press the up arrow button. You see this screen:
- Press the OK button to view the SSID (Wi-Fi network name) and password.
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen, and enter the password shown.
- Press the Back button to return to the Home screen. You see either the or connection symbol on the LCD screen and should be able to print directly to your product from your computer or device.
Note: If the or connection symbol is not displayed on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.
Entering Characters on the LCD Screen