I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
The ink cartridges may not be seated properly and may need to be reseated.
- Make sure that the CD/DVD tray is not inserted for printing.
- Turn on your product. If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges need to be replaced and press OK. Then select Yes, replace now and press OK.
- Lift up the scanner unit.
- Press the bottom of the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place. (If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.)
- Close the scanner unit.
- The product starts priming the ink.
Published: Dec 3, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!