What steps can I take to prepare my product for storage?
If you'll be placing your Epson printer into storage for a period of time, follow these storage guidelines to prepare the printer:
When storing the product, avoid tilting it, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak. Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing. Do not carry the product by the control panel; this may damage the product.
When storing this product in a box, place it so that the control panel does not get damaged.
Do the following:
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the scanner unit and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move, then turn the product off again.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape.
Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Close the output tray, then lower the control panel.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product.
If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.