How do I scan using my product's control panel?
Starting a Scan Using the Product Control PanelYou can scan an image to a variety of devices and applications using your product's control panel.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the
product to your computer or network.
Note: Restart your computer after installing the product software to enable scanning from the control panel. Also make sure the Event Manager program is not being blocked by your firewall or security software.
- Place your original on the product for scanning.
Note: To scan a double-sided document, place it in the ADF and select the 2-Sided setting.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Scan.
You see a screen like this:
- Select one of the following
Scan to options:
- Email lets you send scanned files through a pre-configured email server.
- Network Folder/FTP saves your scan file to a specified folder on a network.
- Memory Device saves your scan file on a USB device connected to your product.
- Cloud sends your scanned files to a destination that you have registered with Epson Connect.
- Document Capture Pro
allows you to scan over a network using your saved job settings in Document
Capture Pro or Document Capture.
Note: You cannot use this option to scan an image to Document Capture or Document Capture Pro when your product is connected to your computer's USB port.
- Computer (WSD) lets you manage network scanning in Windows 10, Windows 8.x, Windows 7, or Windows Vista (English only). To use this feature, you must first set up WSD (Web Services for Devices) on the computer.
- Do any of the following, as necessary:
- Select the email address, location, destination, or computer, as necessary.
- Select Contacts to choose an email address or network folder.
- Select Format to choose the file format.
- Select Settings to display additional scanning options.
- Select Preset to save
your scan settings.
Note: Presets can be locked by an administrator. If you cannot access or change this setting, contact your administrator for assistance.
Using Epson Scan to Cloud
Using Copy, Fax, and Scan Presets
Entering Characters on the LCD Screen
Placing Originals on the Product
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.