How should I load envelopes?
Do the following:
Loading EnvelopesYou can print on plain paper envelopes in this size: No. 10 (4.1 × 9.5 inches [105 × 241 mm]).
- Flip the feeder guard forward.
- Pull up the paper support and its extension.
- Pull out the output tray and open the paper stopper.
- Slide the edge guide left.
- Load up to 10 envelopes printable side up and flap edge left, against the right side as shown.
- Slide the edge guide against the envelopes, but not too tightly.
- Flip the feeder guard back.
- If you have trouble loading a stack of envelopes, press each envelope flat before loading it or load one envelope at a time.
- Do not load envelopes above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- Do not load envelopes that are curled, folded, or too thin, or that have plastic windows or exposed adhesive flaps.
Published: Mar 3, 2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!