How should I load envelopes?
Do the following:
Loading Paper for DocumentsYou can print documents on a variety of paper types and sizes.
- Flip the feeder guard forward.
- Raise the paper support and its extension, pull out the output tray, then raise the paper stopper.
- Slide the edge guide to the left.
- Insert paper, glossy or printable side up and short edge first, against the right side. If you are inserting a stack of paper, fan the sheets first and tap the stack on a flat surface to even the edges.
- Slide the edge guide against the paper, but not too tightly.
- Flip the feeder guard back.
- Load only the recommended number of sheets.
- Load paper short edge first, no matter which way your document faces.
- Load letterhead or pre-printed paper top edge first.
- Do not load paper above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- Check the paper package for any additional loading instructions.
- If you use paper with binder holes, load only one sheet at a time and use only these sizes: Letter (8.5 × 11 inches [216 × 279 mm]), A4 (8.3 × 11.7 inches [210 × 297 mm]), or Legal (8.5 × 14 inches [216 × 356 mm]).
Paper Loading Capacity
Published: Oct 30, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!