I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
See the solutions for your problem type below.
Paper Jam Problems Inside the Product
If paper has jammed inside the product, follow the steps below to clear the jam.
- Cancel the print job, if necessary.
- Remove any jammed paper from the rear paper feed slot.
- Lift the scanner unit.
Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer. Do not lift the scanner unit while the document cover is open.
- Remove any paper inside, including torn pieces.
- Close the scanner unit.
- Follow the prompts on the LCD screen to clear any error messages. If you still see a paper jam message, check the other paper jam solutions.
Document Jams in the Automatic Document Feeder
If you have problems with document jams in the automatic document feeder (ADF), try these solutions:
- Remove your originals from the ADF.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Remove any jammed paper.
Do not remove paper jammed inside the ADF without opening the cover or you could damage the ADF.
- Leave the ADF cover open, then lift the paper feeder.
- Remove any jammed paper or torn pieces.
- Lower the paper feeder (but don't close the ADF cover).
- Raise the ADF input tray.
- Carefully remove any jammed paper.
- Lower the ADF input tray and reload your originals.
Make sure you do not load the ADF beyond its capacity for your paper size. Also make sure the originals you load are not bent, folded, or curled and do not have tape, staples, or other materials that could obstruct the feeder.
- Follow the prompts on the LCD screen to clear any error messages.
Paper Feeding Problems