I replaced an ink cartridge, my product now displays the message Ink cartridge(s) are installed incorrectly. What should I do?
The ink cartridges may not be seated properly and may need to be reseated.
- Lift up the scanner unit.
Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.
- Select OK on the product.
- Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
- Make sure the yellow tape from the side of the cartridge is removed.
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak.
- Insert the cartridge into the holder again and push it down until it clicks into place.
- Press the Color button to make sure the cartridge is installed correctly. The print head moves to its home position and the printer starts charging the ink. When you see a confirmation message on the screen, ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the product while the power light is flashing or you will waste ink.
- Lower the scanner unit.