How do I scan with Document Capture Pro or Document Capture?
Starting a Scan with Document Capture Pro or Document CaptureWhen you scan with Document Capture Pro (Windows) or Document Capture (OS X), the program automatically saves your scanned file on your computer in the folder you specify. You can select settings, preview, and change the scanned file settings as necessary.
- Do one of the following to start Document Capture Pro or Document Capture:
- Windows 10: Click and select All apps. Select EPSON Software, then select Document Capture Pro.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Document Capture Pro.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start, and select All Programs or Programs. Select EPSON Software, then select Document Capture Pro.
- OS X: Open the Applications folder, select the Epson software folder, and select Document Capture. Select your product and click OK, if necessary.
- Click the Scan icon. You see a window like this:
Note: With OS X, you can download and install Epson Scan scanning software, which will provide additional image adjustment features within Document Capture. To download Epson Scan, visit Epson's driver download site.
- If you want to use a scan job that you created instead, select it from the Job list in the Document Capture Pro or Document Capture window, click the Start Job button, and skip the rest of these steps.
- Select any displayed scan settings you want to use.
Note: See the Help information in Document Capture Pro or Document Capture for details.
- If you want to select detailed scan settings, do one of the following:
- Windows: Click Detailed Settings. Select any displayed scan settings you want to use and click OK.
- OS X: If you installed Epson Scan, close the Scan Settings window, open the Scan menu at the top of the screen and select Displays the EPSON Scan Setup Screen. Click the Scan icon. Select any displayed scan settings you want to use and click OK.
- Click Scan. You see a preview of your scan in the Document Capture Pro or Document Capture window.
- Check the scanned images and edit them as necessary.
- Click one of the Destination icons to choose where to save your scanned file.
Note: You may need to click the arrow next to the icons in order to see all of them. The available icons may vary, depending on the software version you are using.
- Select settings as necessary, then click OK, Send, or Print to save the scanned file.