I can't print from my Mac with a wireless connection after I replaced my router. What should I do?
You will need to set up your product again for the new router. Do the following:
Delete the Print Queue
Open the menu, select System Preferences, then select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Select your printer, click the button, then follow the instructions in the next section.
Disable the Firewall
- Open the menu and select System Preferences, then click either Security & Privacy or Security.
- Select the Firewall tab and disable the firewall.
If you have other firewall software enabled, you'll also need to disable it. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.
- If you're unable to complete the instructions above, contact Epson support. Otherwise go to the next section.
Install the Product Software
Important: In most cases, the software installer will automatically set up your wireless connection so you don't need to know your SSID and password. However, if it cannot determine your SSID or password you will be prompted to set up your wireless connection manually. If you don't know them, contact the manufacturer of your router or the person who set up your network.
If you are using a 5 GHz wireless router, set the router to operate in dual band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) mode. See your router documentation for instructions.
- Download the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package from the Downloads tab for your product.
Note: Make a note of the file name and its location so you can retrieve it.
- Open the file you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions. When you see the Select Your Connection screen, select Wireless connection, click Continue, then follow the instructions on your computer screen.
- When you see the Select Setup Option screen, select Set up printer for the first time, click Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
After you complete the Wi-Fi setup, turn your firewall back on. If these troubleshooting instructions did not solve the problem, please contact Epson support.