How do I change the ink cartridge?
Do the following:
Removing and Installing the Ink CartridgeMake sure you have a replacement cartridge handy before you begin. You must install the new cartridge immediately after removing the old one.
Leave your old cartridge in the printer until you are ready to replace it to prevent the print head nozzles from drying out. Do not open ink cartridge packages until you are ready to install the ink. Cartridges are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.
Note: If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot re-install and use the cartridge.
- Turn on your product.
- Do one of the following:
- If the ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Press the OK button.
- If you are replacing the cartridge before you see a message on the LCD screen, select Setup > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement. Then press the OK button to proceed.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge and completely remove only the yellow tape.
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink may leak.
- Remove the cap as shown. Retain the cap so that you can use it to recap the used cartridge you are replacing.
Do not touch the ink cartridge areas shown here. Doing so may prevent normal operation and printing.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
- Press the start button.
- Open the inner cover.
Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the product.
- Press down the blue tab to unlock the used ink cartridge, then lift it out.
- Use the cap from the replacement ink cartridge to recap the used cartridge before disposing of it.
Note: Dispose of used cartridges carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
- Hold the cartridge with the green chip facing you and insert the cartridge at an angle as shown. Press down the ink cartridge until it clicks into place.
Make sure to insert the ink cartridge in the correct direction or you may damage the product.
- Close the inner cover.
- Press the start button to start charging the ink. Then follow the rest of the on-screen instructions. Ink charging takes a few minutes. When you see a completion message on the LCD screen, ink replacement is complete.
Do not turn off the product or open the inner cover while ink is charging or you may not be able to print.
If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, recap the ink cartridge using the cap that came with it to prevent the ink from drying out and to protect the surrounding area from getting smeared by ink. Store the ink cartridge in the same environment as the product. Do not leave the product with the ink cartridges removed for an extended period of time. Otherwise, ink remaining in the print head nozzles may dry out and you may not be able to print.
Purchase Epson Ink Cartridges