How do I transfer photos from a memory card to my computer?
Transferring Photos from a Memory Card to Your ComputerYou can transfer photos to and from a memory card inserted in your product and a computer connected to your product over a wireless network.
Note: You cannot transfer photos if the product is connected to the computer using a USB cable. Do not transfer photos to and from a memory card while you are printing from the memory card.
- Make sure the product is connected to the same network as the computer.
- Insert a memory card into a memory card slot on your product.
- Do one of the following to access your memory card files from your computer:
- Windows: Open the Computer, My Computer, Windows Explorer, or File Explorer utility, then select the removable disk icon.
- OS X: Select the hard drive icon on your desktop or computer window, select your product in the SHARED section of the sidebar (you may need to widen the sidebar to see the name), then select the MEMORYCARD icon.
- Select the folder that contains your photos.
- Drag the photos you want to transfer to the desired folder on your computer or on your memory card.
Note: Your product's LCD screen does not update to display new photos transferred to the memory card. Wait until the memory card access light stops flashing, then remove and insert the memory card to update the photos displayed.Related tasks
Inserting a Memory Card
Removing a Memory Card
Viewing the Network Status