How do I refill the ink tanks?
Do the following: Make sure you have new ink bottles handy and have read the ink safety precautions before you begin.
Wear disposable gloves while refilling the ink tanks to avoid staining your hands. If ink spills, wipe it off immediately with a damp towel to avoid permanent stains. If ink gets on your clothes or other items, it may not come off.
- Place a sheet of paper under the ink tank unit, as ink may splatter.
- Open the ink tank unit cover, then remove the ink tank cap and place it in the holder shown here.
Note: Make sure the color of the ink tank label matches the ink color you want to refill, and only remove the cap from that ink tank. Be careful not to spill any ink.
- Snap off the tip of the bottle cap, but do not dispose of it so you can use it to seal the bottle cap later, if necessary. Then remove the bottle cap and carefully remove the protective seal (avoid touching the ink underneath the seal). Close the bottle cap tightly.
Close the bottle cap tightly; otherwise, ink may leak.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out immediately. Seek medical advice if problems persist. Keep the ink bottles out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- Refill the ink tank with the correct color ink up to the upper line on the ink tank.
- If any ink remains in the ink bottle after filling the ink tank, place the bottle cap tip securely on the bottle cap and store the ink bottle upright for later use.
- Replace the ink tank cap securely.
- Repeat the previous steps as necessary for each ink tank you need to refill.
- Close the ink tank unit cover.
Purchase Epson Ink
Ink Safety Precautions