My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Adjust the print quality in the product software.
- If you continue to see horizontal bands or streaks in your printouts after cleaning the print head and adjusting the print quality, make print quality adjustments for each paper type.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Print Quality Adjustment
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac
Paper or Media Type Settings - Printing Software
Replacing Ink Supply Units (Ink Packs), Maintenance Boxes, and Cassette Rollers
Published: Jun 22, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!