How do I use my product's control panel to automatically send an email of a scanned item?
You can set up a job in Document Capture Pro or Document Capture to automatically send a scanned item to Outlook or MAPI-enabled email applications. To set up a job for this purpose, do the following:
Note: Make sure your Epson product and computer are connected to the same network.
- Start Document Capture Pro or Document Capture and click Manage Job.
- Select Add to create a job.
- In the Job Settings window, enter a descriptive Job Name.
Note: When scanning from the control panel, the Job Name will appear on the product's LCD screen.
- Select E-Mail from the Destination drop-down menu.
- Click Destination Settings and select Account Settings in the E-mail Settings window.
- Set up your email account by entering your email address and selecting your Sending Method and Authentication settings.
- Click OK.
- Click Add in the E-mail Settings window. The Message Settings window appears.
- Enter a Setting Name, and enter a specific email address where you'd like to automatically send the scanned attachment(s).
Note: To attach your scan to a blank email, enter a Setting Name and enable Check e-mail before sending. Leave the other fields blank.
- Click Add.
- Click OK. The email address now appears in the E-mail Settings window. Click OK again when you are done.
- Click OK in the Job Settings window to finalize your settings.
- Click Event Settings. Select your new job from one of the drop-down lists.
Note: If the drop-down list is blank in Event Settings, restart your computer. Open Document Capture Pro or Document Capture, then perform this step again.
- Click OK.