How do I scan a document so I can edit the text in a word processing program?
Saving Scanned Documents as a Searchable PDFYou can scan a document and save the text in a searchable PDF. In a searchable PDF, text is recognized using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and then embedded in the scanned original.
Note: The required Epson Scan 2 OCR Component is installed automatically when you install your product software as instructed on the Start Here sheet. If you install your scanner software programs individually, be sure to also install this component if you want to perform OCR.
- Load your original in the product for scanning.
- Start Epson Scan 2.
- Select your scan settings.
- Click Preview and adjust the area you want to scan, if necessary.
- If you are using the ADF, reload the ejected original.
- Select Searchable PDF as the Image Format setting.
- Select Options from the Image Format list. You see this window:
- Select any of the options on the General tab.
- Select the Text tab.
- Make sure the language used in the document text is selected as the Text Language setting.
- Click OK.
- Confirm the File Name setting and select a Folder setting for your document.
- Click Scan. The scanned image is saved as a searchable PDF.
Placing Originals on the Product