How do I change the ink packs?
Removing and Installing Ink PacksMake sure you have your replacement ink packs handy before you begin. You must install new ink packs immediately after removing the old ones.
- If an ink pack is low or expended, a message appears on your product and on your computer screen. Note which ink packs need to be replaced.
- Open the ink case.
Note: The illustrations in this section show the black ink pack, but the procedure is the same for the color ink packs on the other side of the product.
- Press the handle on the ink pack you are replacing.
The ink pack pops out.
- Lift up the ink pack and remove it from the ink case.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor right away. Keep ink packs out of the reach of children.
- Unpack the new ink pack
- Remove any protective materials, and do not touch the green chip on the handle area.
- Shake the ink pack horizontally 20 times as shown.
Do not remove any labels or seals, or ink will leak.
- Place the ink pack in the case. Make sure the bottom of the ink pack fits over the base as shown.
- Place the ink pack handle on the holder as shown.
- Press in the handle until it clicks into place.
- Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the ink packs are installed correctly.
- When you are finished, close the ink case.
Purchase Epson Ink Packs and Maintenance Boxes