How should I load envelopes?
Loading Envelopes in the CassetteYou can print on plain paper envelopes in this size: No. 10 (4.1 × 9.5 inches [105 × 241 mm]). You can load No. 10 size envelopes in Cassette 1 only.
- Close the paper stopper and output tray, if necessary.
- Pull out the paper cassette and remove the paper cassette cover.
- Slide the edge guides outward.
- Load envelopes printable side down and flap edge right as shown.
To prevent paper feeding problems, make sure you do not load too many envelopes in the cassette.
- Slide the edge guides against the envelopes, but not too tightly.
Note: Make sure the envelopes are loaded against the edge guide and not sticking out from the end of the cassette.
- Close the paper cassette cover and gently insert the paper cassette.
Note: The envelopes may slide forward slightly as you insert the cassette. This is normal.
- When prompted by the product's LCD screen, select Envelope #10 for the Paper Size and Envelope for the Paper Type, and select OK.
- Extend the output tray and open the paper stopper.
Always follow these envelope loading guidelines:
- If you have trouble loading a stack of envelopes, press each envelope flat before loading it or load one envelope at a time.
- If print quality declines when printing multiple envelopes, try loading one envelope at a time.
- Do not load envelopes that are curled, folded, or too thin.
Loading Paper for Documents in the Cassette
Loading Paper and Envelopes in the Rear Feed Slot
Paper Loading Capacity