The position, size, or margins of my copy are incorrect. What should I do?
If your printed image is the wrong size or in the wrong position, try these solutions:
- Make sure you selected the correct paper size and layout settings in your printing program and printer software.
- Make sure you selected the correct paper size on the control panel.
- Make sure your paper is positioned correctly for feeding into the printer.
- Slide the edge guides against the edges of the paper.
- Clean the scanner glass and document cover.
- If the edges of a copy are cropped, slightly move the original away from the edges of the scanner glass.
- Make sure you selected the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Be sure to select the correct Original Size setting for your original in the Copy settings.
- If the image is slightly enlarged and cropped during borderless printing, change the Expansion setting.
You can use the preview option in your printer software to check your margins before you print.
Published: Apr 25, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!