My printout has incorrect colors. What should I do?
If your printouts have incorrect colors, try these solutions:
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the paper you loaded.
- Make sure the Black/Grayscale or Grayscale setting is not selected in your printer software.
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- After you print, the colors in your printout need time to set as the ink dries. During this time, the colors may look different than you expect. To speed up drying time, do not stack your printouts on top of each other.
- Your printed colors can never exactly match your on-screen colors. However, you can use a color management system to get as close as possible. Try using the color management options in your printer software.
- Select Custom as the Color Correction setting on the More Options tab of the printer software, then click Advanced. Try changing the Scene Correction setting to something other than Automatic. If changing that setting does not work, change the Color Management setting to any color correction method other than PhotoEnhance.
- Enable the Print grayscale using black ink only setting in the Extended Settings of the printer software.
- If using the PostScript printer driver, try adjusting the Color Mode setting on the Advanced tab of the printer software.
- If you are using the PostScript printer driver and the file you are printing was created in an application that allows you to change the data format, make sure the settings in the application match the settings in the printer driver.
- For best results, use genuine Epson paper.
- On the product control panel, change the Fix Photo setting from Auto to another option, or select Enhance Off.
- If you are copying an original, lower the Density setting.
Print Head Maintenance
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Selecting Additional Print Options - Windows
Managing Color - Mac
Compatible Epson Papers (U.S. and Canada)
Compatible Epson Papers (Latin America)
Published: Aug 6, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!