I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- Make sure the paper cassette is inserted all the way in the printer.
- Make sure the paper size and type settings match the size and type of paper you loaded.
- If paper does not feed correctly, remove and reload it in the cassette and adjust the edge guides. Make sure the paper stack is not above the tab on the edge guides inside the cassette.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the cassette printable side down.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Note: Your product will not operate properly while tilted at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base of the product in all directions.
- Clean the paper rollers.
- Operate your product in the recommended environmental conditions.
Cleaning the Paper Guide
Paper Jams Inside the Product
Paper Loading Capacity
Published: Aug 5, 2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!