My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. See below.
Cleaning Your ProductTo keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it. Do not touch the flat white cable, translucent film, or ink tubes inside the product.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Pull out the paper cassette and remove the paper.
- Clean the outer case and control panel with a soft, clean cloth moistened with a little water. If you cannot remove the dirt, try cleaning with a soft cloth moistened with a mild detergent.
- Open the document cover.
- Clean the scanner glass and the glass area on the left with a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) moistened with a little glass cleaner.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force.
- Close the document cover.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Use a soft, moistened, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
- Close the ADF cover.