My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. See below.
Cleaning Your ProductTo keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper.
- Open the document cover.
- Clean the scanner glass with a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended), moistened with a little glass cleaner.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force.
- Clean the areas shown.
- Close the document cover.
- Open the ADF cover.
- Use a soft, moistened, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
Using a dry cloth may damage the surface of the rollers. Let the rollers dry before using the ADF.
- Close the ADF cover.
- Clean the outer case and control panel with a soft, clean cloth moistened with a little water. If you cannot remove the dirt, try cleaning with a soft cloth moistened with a mild detergent.
- If copied or scanned images from the ADF are still smeared after cleaning it, turn off the printer, open the ADF cover, and raise the ADF input tray.
- Clean the area shown.
- Close the ADF input tray, then close the ADF cover until it clicks into place.