I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- Place the product on a flat surface.
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it. Then reload it in the middle of the rear paper feed. Slide the edge guide against the edge of the paper, making sure that the paper stack is not above the arrow mark on the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- If multiple pages feed at once during manual 2-sided printing, remove any paper from the product before reloading paper.
- If paper jams when you load only one or two sheets, try loading more sheets at a time. Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Try cleaning the paper path.
- Do not place objects on the feeder guard.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the rear paper feed printable side up.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
Loading Paper in the Sheet Feeder
Paper Loading Capacity
Paper Jam Problems
Published: Oct 13, 2022 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!