My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head. If print quality does not improve after aligning the print head, disable the bidirectional (high speed) setting.
- When vertical banding appears or the paper is smeared, clean the paper path.
- You may need to replace an ink pack.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Selecting the Paper Settings for Each Source - Control Panel
Loading Paper in the Paper Cassettes and Rear Paper Tray
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel
Cleaning the Paper Guide
Removing and Installing Ink Packs
Paper or Media Type Settings - Printing Software
Published: Feb 16, 2023 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!