How do I scan using my product's control panel?
You can scan an image to a variety of destinations using your product's control panel.
Before you scan using your product's control panel, make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.
Note: Restart your computer after installing the product software to enable scanning from the control panel. Also make sure the Event Manager program is not being blocked by your firewall or security software.
- Place your original on the product for scanning.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select a scan option:
- Scan to Computer saves your scan as a file on your connected computer. Go to the next step.
- To WSD lets you manage network scanning in Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.x, Windows 7, or Windows Vista (English only). To use this feature, you must first set up a WSD (Web Services for Devices) port on your Windows 7 or Windows Vista computer (the port is set up automatically on Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.x). Skip to step 5.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Preview on Computer to preview the scanned image on a computer before saving. (Windows 7 or later or OS X 10.11.x or later).
- Save as JPEG to save the scanned image as a JPEG file.
- Save as PDF to save the scanned document or image as a PDF file.
- Select a computer from the list.
Note: If you selected Scan to Computer and your computer is connected to your product using a USB cable, select USB Connection.
- Press the start button to start scanning. Your product scans your original and saves the scanned file to your computer.
Note: The color, size, and border of the scanned image will not be exactly the same as the original.
Setting Up a WSD Port (Windows 7/Windows Vista)
Placing Originals on the Product