How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid tilting the product or turning it upside down. Also avoid placing the product on its side for an extended period of time. Ink may leak.
- Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
- Turn off the product.
- Wait until the power light turns off and then unplug the power cable.
Wait until the power light turns off before you unplug the power cable to allow the print head to return to the home (far right) position. If the print head does not return to the home position, the ink can dry out and your product can be damaged.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all paper from the product and make sure there are no originals on the scanner glass.
- Make sure the document cover is closed and then lift up the scanner unit.
Be careful not to trap your hand or fingers when opening or closing the scanner unit.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape.
Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the scanner unit all the way as shown.
Note: The scanner unit cannot be opened from the position shown below. Close it completely before operating your product or opening the scanner unit again.
- Close all parts on the product as shown.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product.
Keep the product level during transportation. Be sure to remove the tape from the ink cartridge holder before turning on your product. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Nozzle Check
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control Panel