How do I use Epson iron-on transfers?
Using New and Improved EPSON Iron-On Cool Peel Transfers
If you've enjoyed EPSON Iron-On transfers before, you'll like these even more!
Cool peel process makes it easy for everyone in the family to share in creating iron-on projects!
Improved image quality and resolution!
Superior image feel and fabric texture before and after washing!
With EPSON Iron-On Cool Peel Transfers, you can transfer your images and photos to T-shirts, sweatshirts, tablecloths, napkins, aprons, or just about any cotton or cotton-blend fabric. For best results, use light colored material with a smooth texture.
It is available from the Epson Store or through your local computer retailer.
What You'll Need
Before you start, make sure you have these items:
* EPSON Iron-On Cool Peel Transfers
* Any EPSON Color ink jet printer
* Flat, hard, smooth, non-porous ironing surface thatwill not be damaged by heat.
Do not use an ironing board, wood, glass or metal.
* Item to receive transfer image (T-shirt. apron. etc.)
* Hand iron or heat press
Note: If using a commercial heat press, set the temperature for 375 degrees F and press for 20 seconds.
Creating the Image
You can use any application to create the image. Just make you that you select the "Flip Horizontal" option in the EPSON stylus Printer driver so the image will be transferred correctly onto the fabric. If your image does not include any text, you may not need to reverse the image when printing it.
Printing the Image
When you are ready to print your image, follow these steps:
1. In the EPSON Stylus printer driver select "360 dpi + Ink Jet Paper" for the Media Type. (This setting will also automatically select 360 dpi for the Print Quality setting.)
2. Make sure you select "Flip Horizontal" in afely to one side.Wait between one and two minutes for the transfer to cool starting with any corner. Peel the transfer sheet away from the fabric item. Removing the paper may be more difficult if it is allowed to cool for too long.
Ironing a Small Image
Small images (4" x 4" or less) are easier to transfer than larger ones.
1. Start with the iron on one side of the transfer. Slowly movethe iron across the transfer for 5 seconds. This will secure the transfer onto the fabric item.
2. Pressing firmly, wiggle the iron over the image, moving it constantly for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Be sure not to scorch your fabric item.
3. Set the iron safely to one side. Wait between one and two minutes for the transfer to cool. Starting with any corner, peel the transfer sheet away from the fabric item. Removing the paper may be more difficult if it is allowed to cool for too long.
If you will be applying more than one image on the fabric, make sure they are spaced far enough apart so you can iron one without touching another image that has already been transferred.
Washing Your New Creation
Your new EPSON transfer creation is sturdy and machine washable, but you can protect the color and quality by following these simple washing guidelines:
Wash in cold water only. If possible, use a detergent with color protection.
If you are washing a T-shirt or other similar garment, turn it inside out before washing. Wash it by itself as the some colors may run slightly the first time it is washed. If the colors run, they will usually wash out the second time the article is washed.
Remove the article as soon as the washing machine completes its cycle. Colors may run if the article is allowed to sit before drying.
Dry it in the dryer with normal settings.
EPS0N and EPSON Stylus are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation Copyright (1997)* by Seiko Epson Corporation
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!