How do I create a borderless print with roll media from my Mac?
To print borderless on roll media, create a custom paper size in the driver and follow the guidelines below to determine the width parameter. The method you use depends on the size of your media.
- If you're using 10-, 12-, 13-, 14-, or 17-inch wide media and you want to use the Auto Expand option, enter a paper width setting that matches the actual width of your roll. For example, if you're using a 17-inch wide roll, enter 17 inches.
- If you're using 10-, 12-, 13-, 14-, or 17-inch wide media and you want to use the Retain Size option, you'll need to increase two width parameters. First, increase the image width by .34 inches (using your image editing software). Then, make the paper width setting .23 inches larger than the actual width of your roll. For example, if you're using a 17-inch wide roll, enter 17.23 inches for the paper width.
- If you're using 16-inch wide media, set the paper width to 16 inches. You can then select either the Retain Size or Auto Expand option.
- Make sure you set all page margins to zero.
- When you use either the Auto Expand or Retain Size option, always add 0.1 inches to the length/height of your page size.
- Selecting the Auto Expand option minimizes image clipping in your printout.
Published: Apr 30, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!