The print quality is uneven, too light, or too dark, or lines appear in the printout. What should I do?
If you notice that your print quality is uneven, too light, too dark, or there are lines in the print (banding), try these solutions:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- If the print surface is too far from the print head, the following problems may occur:
- Lines in the image (banding)
- Edges of the image are blurry
- Text and straight lines are duplicated
- Image is grainy
Adjust the platen height.
- Print in uni-directional mode to see if the platen height adjustment is off.
- Align the print head.
- Perform a feed adjustment.
- Make sure you are using genuine Epson ink cartridges. If you use non-Epson ink cartridges, the printed result may be faint or the colors may be inaccurate because the remaining ink level is not correctly detected.
- Make sure your ink cartridges have not expired. For best results, use ink cartridges before the expiration date printed on the package (within a year of installation in the printer). Replace expired cartridges with new ones.
- Shake the cartridges thoroughly before installing them in the printer. To maintain optimum print quality, remove and shake the installed White ink cartridge at the start of every working day or when a message is displayed. Shake the color cartridges once a month.
- Compare the printed result with the image on your computer screen. Since monitors and printers produce colors differently, printed colors and screen colors do not always look the same.
- Make sure that the printer cover is closed during printing.
- Check the ink levels on the LCD screen. Replace any cartridges that are low on ink.
- Adjust the print quality settings in the Garment Creator software to a higher quality setting.
- Adjust the density of the White ink in the Garment Creator software.
- Make sure the pre-treatment solution is not too diluted. If the pre-treatment solution has been diluted too much, the solidity of the White ink is weakened and the edges of the image may be blurred. Try reducing the density of the White ink in the Garment Creator software or use a stronger pre-treatment solution.
Performing a Nozzle Check
Adjusting the Height of the Platen
Aligning the Print Head
Shaking and Replacing the Ink Cartridges
Cleaning Around the Print Head
Cleaning the Platen Path
Pre-treating a T-shirt
Published: Mar 23, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!