I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
- Make sure paper is loaded in the correct orientation. Load cut sheets vertically (short edge first).
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not damp, curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
- If roll paper does not feed, cut the end straight across and uncurl it by rolling it backward, if necessary. Then reload the paper.
- If wrinkles appear on roll paper, adjust the Back Tension setting.
- If you cannot insert paper easily into the paper feed slot, make sure the paper is perfectly flat and not curled.
- Do not load more than one piece of cut sheet paper.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Make sure you selected the Media Type setting in the printer driver that matches the paper you loaded in the product.
- If thick media does not feed, make sure you are loading it straight into the product, not at an angle.
- If poster board does not feed, make sure you are loading it straight into the product, not at an angle.
- If paper does not eject correctly, decrease the Paper Suction setting for the loaded paper type.
- Make sure that paper is not jammed inside the product.
- Make sure you are using the product at the proper room temperature.
Loading Roll Paper
Loading Cut Sheets
Loading Thick or Large Cut Sheets (Poster Board)
Roll Paper Jam Problems
Cut Sheet Paper Jam Problems
Published: Dec 19, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!