How can I prevent paper from jamming or misfeeding from the paper tray?
Try the following:
- Make sure the printer's environment falls within the required temperature and humidity range.
- Make sure the paper (cut sheet only) is not too thick or too thin; 3.15 to 59 mil (0.08 to 1.5 mm)
- Make sure no foreign objects are inside the printer.
- Make sure the Media Type setting in the printer software is correct for the paper you are using.
- Make sure the platen gap setting is correct for the paper or media you're printing on. See Adjusting the Platen Gap for Thick or Thin Paper.
- If you're not using Epson media, make sure you use a paper configuration to adjust for the paper's thickness and drying time.
- If you need to add paper to the paper tray, first remove all paper from the tray and then add paper to the removed stack and reload it.
- Fan the paper and tap it on a flat surface to even the edges.
- If your paper is curled, flatten it before you load it. If it curls excessively and jams frequently, stop using it.
- Load the sheets with the printable side face down and the edge of the paper against the right inner corner of the paper tray. Make sure the sheets lie flat on the bottom of the tray.
- Don't load paper above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- Make sure the paper guide and edge guide is snug against the paper.
- Store unused sheet media on a flat surface in its original package.
Temperature Operation 10 to 35°C
(50 to 95°F)
Print quality guarantee 15 to 25°C
(59 to 77°F)
Operation 20 to 80% RH Print quality guarantee 40 to 60% RH
Published: Jan 11, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!