How do I perform a power cleaning cycle from the printer's control panel?
Do the following:
- Print a nozzle check pattern to make sure the print head needs cleaning.
- Make sure the printer is ready and the red Ink Check light is not on or flashing.
- Press the button.
- Press until MANUAL CLEANING is selected, then press .
- Do one of the following:
- Choose the color pair you want to clean: Press to select a color pair, then press to select the color pair you want to clean. Press until EXECUTE (POWERFUL) is selected, then press OK to start the power cleaning cycle.
- Power clean all colors: Press until ALL COLORS (POWERFUL) is selected, then press . Press to select YES, then press OK to start the power cleaning cycle.
- When cleaning is finished and the light stops flashing, print a nozzle check pattern again to confirm that the head is clean.
For effective cleaning, always run a nozzle check between cycles.
Published: Mar 2, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!