What are the different Color Modes on the Video menu used for?
The Color Mode setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode in the Image menu or press the Color Mode button on the remote control to select:
- Photo—For vivid, high-contrast still images in a bright room (available only when the source is set to Computer or USB, or Slideshow).
- Sports—For vivid TV images projected in a bright room (only available for component video, S-video, or HDMI sources).
- Theatre—For watching movies in a darkened room; gives images a natural tone.
- Game—Increases brightness when playing video games or watching TV in a bright room.
- sRGB—Matches the color palette of standard sRGB computer displays.
- Dark Wall—Projects accurate colors on a dark wall or chalkboard.
- Living Room—For projecting black-and-white images in a bright room.
- Dynamic—For projecting in a bright room (brightest mode).
Published: Oct 14, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!