I see static or noise in the image. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If you're using a computer cable longer than 6 feet (2 meters), or an extension cable, the image quality may be reduced. Use a distribution amplifier for longer distances; you can purchase one from Epson. See Optional Accessories.
- Keep your computer and video cables away from the power cord as much as possible to prevent interference.
- The video signal may be split between the computer and the projector. If you notice a decline in the projected image quality when the image is displayed simultaneously on your laptop computer and the projector, turn off the laptop's LCD display.
- Make sure the correct input signal is selected in the Signal menu.
- Make sure the cables are securely connected at both ends.
- If still images are jittery when you are projecting from a video source, turn on the Progressive setting in the Signal menu.
- Select Noise Reduction in the Signal menu, then try selecting NR1 or NR2.
Published: May 8, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!