I see static or noise in the image. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If you're using a computer cable longer than 6 feet (2 meters), or an extension cable, the image quality may be reduced.
- Keep your computer and video cables separated from the power cord as much as possible to prevent interference.
- If you're using an extension cable, you may pick up interference if the cable is not adequately shielded. You may need to use a signal amplifier for longer cables.
- If you are projecting from a laptop computer, try turning off simultaneous display on the laptop screen to avoid splitting the video signal.
- Check the settings on the projector's Signal menu to make sure they match the video source.
- Select a computer video resolution that is compatible with the projector.
- If you are projecting from a computer, press the Auto button on the remote control to automatically adjust the tracking and sync settings.
- If you adjusted the image shape using the projector controls, try decreasing the Sharpness setting to improve image quality.
Published: Dec 22, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!