I see static or noise in the image. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Check the cables connecting your computer or video source to the projector. They should be:
- Separated from the power cord to prevent interference
- Securely connected at both ends
- No longer than 9.8 feet (3 m)
- Not connected to an extension cable
- If you are projecting from a laptop computer, try turning off simultaneous display on the laptop screen to avoid splitting the video signal.
- Check the settings on the projector's Signal menu to make sure they match the video source. If available for your video source, adjust the Progressive and Noise Reduction settings.
- Select a computer video resolution that is compatible with the projector.
- If you are projecting from a computer that's connected to the projector with a VGA cable, press the Auto button on the remote control to automatically adjust the Tracking and Sync settings.
- If you adjusted the image shape using the projector controls, try decreasing the Sharpness setting to improve image quality.
- If you connected an extension cable, try projecting without it to see if it caused interference in the signal.
Published: Oct 26, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!