How do I set a password on my product?
Follow these steps to set a password or change an existing one:
- Hold down the Freeze button on the remote control until you see the Password Protect menu. This takes about five seconds.
- Press the down arrow to select Password and press Enter. You see the prompt to "Change the Password?".
- Select Yes and press Enter.
- Hold down the Num button on the remote control and use the numeric buttons to set a four-digit password. The password displays as **** as you enter it. Then you see the confirmation prompt.
- Enter the password again. You see the message Password accepted.
- Press Esc to return to the Password Protect menu.
- Make a note of the password and keep it in a safe place in case you forget it.
If you do not see this menu, hold down the Freeze button on the remote control for five seconds until the menu appears.
- To prevent unauthorized use of the projector, select Power On Protect, press Enter, select On, press Enter again, and press Esc.
- To prevent changes to the User's Logo screen or related display settings, select User's Logo Protect, press Enter, select On, press Enter again, and press Esc.
- To prevent changes to network settings, select Network Protect, press Enter, select On, press Enter again, and press Esc.
Note: Be sure to keep the remote control in a safe place; if you lose it, you will not be able to enter the password required to use the projector.
Published: Nov 15, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!