The remote control doesn't work. What should I do?
If the projector does not respond to remote control commands, try the following solutions:
- Check that the remote control batteries are installed correctly and have power. If necessary, replace the batteries.
- Make sure you are operating the remote control within the reception angle and range of the projector.
- Make sure the projector is not warming up or shutting down.
- Check to see if a button on the remote control is stuck down, causing it to enter sleep mode. Release the button to wake the remote control up.
- If you enabled the remote control button lock, press and hold the i button for about 5 seconds to turn it off.
- Strong fluorescent lighting, direct sunlight, or infrared device signals may be interfering with the projector's remote receivers. Dim the lights or move the projector away from the sun or interfering equipment.
- Make sure the optional remote control cable set is not attached to the projector's Remote port. If you leave the cable connected to the port, the remote control cannot control the projector.
- If available, turn on one of the remote receivers in the projector's menu system, or check if all the remote receivers were turned off.
- Make sure the Control Communications or Extron XTP setting in the Extended menu is set to Off if you are using the optional remote control cable set.
- If you lose the remote control, you can purchase another from an authorized Epson reseller.
Replacing the Remote Control Batteries
Locking the Remote Control Buttons
Unlocking the Projector's Buttons
Setting the Remote Control ID
Projector Parts - Interface Ports
Remote Control Operation
Projector Feature Settings - Settings Menu
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
Published: Sep 10, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!