How do I set up my projector?
You can place the projector on almost any flat surface to project an image.
You can also install the projector in a ceiling or wall mount if you want to use it in a fixed location.
There is no vertical or horizontal limit to how the projector can be installed.
Keep these considerations in mind as you select a projector location:
- Place the projector on a sturdy, level surface or install it using a compatible mount.
- Place the projector parallel to the screen.
- Leave plenty of space around and under the projector for ventilation, and do not place it on top of or next to anything that could block the vents.
- If you are using the projector at altitudes above 4921 feet (1500 m), set the High Altitude Mode setting to On in the projector's Installation menu to ensure the projector's internal temperature is regulated properly.
- Position the projector within reach of a grounded electrical outlet or extension cord.
- If installing on a wall, the wall mount (V12HA39010) is required. Follow the instructions in the online Installation Guide to install the projector.
- Place the projector so it squarely faces the screen, not at an angle. If you cannot install the projector squarely facing the screen, correct any resulting image distortion using the projector controls.
- Try not to set up the projector in locations subject to high humidity and dust, or in locations subject to smoke from fires or tobacco smoke.
Projector Setup and Installation Options
You can set up or install your projector in the following ways:
You can mount the projector to the ceiling at any horizontal or vertical angle.
Note: When you install the projector in a fixed location, turn on the Fixed Installation setting in the projector's Installation menu.Related references
Installation Settings - Installation Menu