When and how should I clean the air vents?
Clean the projector's air filter or vents if they get dusty, or if you see a message telling you to clean them. Clean them more often if you use the projector in an environment that is dustier than expected.
Do not use water or any detergent to clean the air filter. Do not use canned air, or the gases may leave a flammable residue.
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Slide the air filter cover latch and open the air filter cover.
- Open the stopper.
- Pull the air filter out of the projector.
- Vacuum the front of the air filter (the side with the tabs) to remove any remaining dust.
Do not rinse the air filter in water, or use any detergent or solvent to clean it. Do not use canned air; the gases may leave a flammable residue, or push dust and debris into the projector's optics or other sensitive areas.
Note: If dust is difficult to remove or the air filter is damaged, replace the air filter.
- Place the air filter back in the projector as shown.
- Close the stopper and press it in until it clicks into place.
- Close the air filter cover.