How do I install the dome sensor into a dropped or false ceiling?
Do the following:
- Remove the ceiling tile you wish to use.
- Place the dome sensor onto the ceiling tile, trace the perimeter of the sensor onto the tile with a pencil, then remove the sensor.
- Cut a hole into the celing tile with a sharp knife where you traced the dome sensor.
- Insert the sensor into the ceiling tile from the back of the tile (the LED on the IR dome sensor should face down into the room). The metal brackets on the sensor will hold the sensor in place.
Note: Do not bend the metal brackets on the IR dome sensor.
- Reinstall the ceiling tile and connect the coaxial cable by lifting up an adjacent ceiling tile.
Published: Oct 22, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!