California Resident Disclaimer
If you are a California resident, please see the “Additional Disclosures for California Residents” section.
- Information Collection
Information You Provide
Epson collects information about you when you use the Site, our Service, or interact with us offline, including information you provide to Epson when you register an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase, participate in a promotion, contact customer support, or apply for a job. The following are the categories of information we collect and have collected in the last 12 months:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data, including your age, gender, marital status, salary and country.
- Billing Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
- Profile Data, including your interests, inferences, email marketing settings, preferences and favorites.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Service (such as in product reviews or blog comments). We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other users through the Service (such as if you use our chat functionality), and we will never use or share such information for marketing purposes.
- Device Data, including data about any device you register with us, related product warranty information, and information relating to associated claims.
- Information about others, including your personal contacts’ that you voluntarily send information to regarding products or content offered by the Sites.
- Job Applicant Data, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
Information you provide may be requested and collected offline and at various locations and on various forms on the Service, including, but not limited to: registration forms for newsletters and other e-mail communications; registration for membership to the Service; registration for participation in contests, sweepstakes, auctions, surveys or other promotions that may be offered on the Service; when you submit an inquiry via the Service; when you purchase a product from the Service; when you register your product warranty information; or when you communicate or otherwise interact with us via the Sites, our Service, or otherwise.
For more information with respect to the Epson Site and the ability to customize account settings, please see the section entitled “Epson Store” below.
You may always elect not to submit voluntary information, however, as a result, you may not be able to access certain of the Service's features and functionality.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Site or Service. The following categories of information we automatically collect and have collected in the last 12 months:
- Site/Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, printing patterns, ink usage, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level) and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data).
- Software Downloads, including information about your usage of products we have sold to you after you download software.
We use various current – and later – developed tracking technologies to automatically collect information when you use the Service, including the following:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Sites and Service.
- App Technologies, which are technologies included in our apps that are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, our apps may include SDKs, which is code that sends information about your use to a server. These SDKs allow us track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Service, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Service with your social media account.
- Location-Identifying Technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking through our apps. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising, and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
Information From Other Sources
We also collect information from other sources. The following categories are the types of sources we collect information from and have collected from in the last 12 months:
- Data brokers or resellers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Service, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Marketing Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
- Use of Information
- Operate and manage our Site and Service, including your registration and account.
- Perform services requested by you, such as respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Help you to track your ink usage and printing patterns.
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitoring and analysing trends, usage, and activities.
- Conducting research, including focus groups, surveys and other forms of market research.
- Improving the Service or other Company websites, apps, marketing efforts, products and services.
- Developing and sending you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our and other entities’ products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
- Conducting product promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries.
- Sending you advertising based on your interests as reflected in your browsing of the Sites and use of the Service, and certain third party sites participating in the same networks and exchanges.
- Fulfilling obligations associated with employment such as HR tasks and payroll.
- Fulfilling any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Sharing of Information
- Service Providers. We share information with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes. Service providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support.
- Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors for business and commercial purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. Vendors may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below.
- Affiliates. We share information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, and technical operations. We also may share information with affiliates for commercial purposes.
- Customers. We share information with our customers in connection with us processing information on their behalf. For example, we share information with our customers in order to facilitate your orders, maintain and administer your online accounts, respond to your questions and comments, comply with your requests, market and advertise to you, and otherwise comply with applicable law.
- Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities. For example, we share information with our retailer partners for purposes of providing you with product support.
- Promotions. When you voluntarily enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Public Forums. We share information you make public through the Service, such as information in your profile or that you post on public boards. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information, subject to additional rights set out in the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or anyone else.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Service.
- Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
- Social Media and Technology Integration
We offer parts of our Service through our Site, as well as platforms, and services operated or controlled by separate entities. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by separate entities into parts of our Site and Service. Some examples include:
- Links. Our Service includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us. We may get a commission if you purchase a product after clicking on a link to an affiliate’s website.
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
- Network Advertising and Retargeting
- Your Rights and Choices
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Epson provides several means for you to opt-out of receiving commercial e-mails from Epson. If you do not wish to receive e-mail notices regarding our products or services, you may opt-out at the time you provide your Personal Information to us. You may also opt-out through any commercial e-mail you receive from Epson by selecting the "unsubscribe" or similar option included with each e-mail. To opt-out of direct mailings, we will provide you with a postage paid opt-out card with any promotional offers we mail to you.
Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address and device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- App and Location Technologies. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. You can also reset your device Ad Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. You can stop all collection of precise location data through an app by uninstalling the app or withdrawing your consent through your device settings.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/ .
The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads are required by us to give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit: (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt out options or programs.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
Epson may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a "Promotion") through the Sites that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the terms, conditions or official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion's official rules, such as on a winners list.
- Children's Privacy Protection
Epson is aware of the heightened need to protect the privacy of children under the age of 13. The Sites are not intended for children and are not targeted to children under the age of 13. Epson does not knowingly collect personal information from children (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected personal information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will remove the personal information to the extent required by applicable laws.
We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the CCPA, the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and registered to use the Service, you can ask us to remove any content or information you have posted on the Service. To make a request, email us at email@example.com with “California Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line, and tell us what you want removed. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, although we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- The Epson Store
The Epson Store is a section of the Sites that allows you to purchase Epson products online. The Epson Store is designed to give you options concerning the privacy of your information. If you choose, you can set up an account, where you will provide certain Personal Information. To protect your privacy, we have designed the Epson Store to include certain steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make changes to your account. After logging into your account, you will have access to your account information and the ability to view, update or change it at any time. To access your information, you will need to use a password. When purchasing products from the Epson Store, the order form will also ask you to provide a daytime telephone number. A telephone number is requested so we can quickly resolve questions related to an order, such as to clarify customer orders or to notify a customer of backorder status.
You also may choose to have Epson save your credit card information. We use commercially reasonable security measures and retain card information for payment processing purposes only. See the section below entitled "Security" for further details. Because we know customers are concerned about credit card security, Epson Store users have two choices when purchasing from the Epson Store. You may either: (1) store your payment method in your account profile, which is convenient because you will not need to re-enter your number each time you place an order; or (2) elect not to store your payment method in your account profile, which means you will be required to re-enter your payment information each time you place an order through the Epson Store. If you do choose to store your payment method, this information will be encrypted. If at any time you would like to make a purchase but do not want to provide your credit card information online, you may also place your order by contacting an Epson Store sales representative by telephone at 800-873-7766.
- Data Security
Epson takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect, and you use our Sites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
- Disability Accommodations
- Data Subject in European Economic Area Consent to Transfer Information
- Changes to this Policy
- Contacting Us
- Additional Disclosures for California Residents
Epson America, Inc. Sites are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States and are accessing Epson America, Inc. Sites, please be aware that information we collect, including Personal Information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States and, as such, courts and other authorities in the United States may, in certain circumstances, be entitled to access your Personal Information. By using the Epson America, Inc. Sites or providing us with any information through the Epson America, Inc. Sites, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States.
Epson Canada, Limited Sites are operated in Canada. Please be aware that if you are accessing Epson Canada, Limited Sites the information we collect, including Personal Information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States, Canada, or Japan. We or one of our affiliates or an unaffiliated service provider may process and store your Personal Information outside of the province or jurisdiction in which you reside and/or outside of Canada and, as such, courts and other authorities in those other provinces or foreign jurisdictions may, in certain circumstances, be entitled to access your Personal Information. By using the Epson Canada, Limited Sites or providing us with any information through the Epson Canada, Limited Sites, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in and/or outside of Canada. For more information about our policies and practices related to the use of foreign service providers, please contact our Privacy Coordinator as described below.
Epson America, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
3840 Kilroy Airport Way
Long Beach, CA 90806-2469
These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Customer records, billing and shipping address, and credit or debit card information.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Service.
- Device Information, including device serial number and warranty information
- Device and Usage Data, data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, printing patterns, ink usage, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address.
- Audio or visual data, including pictures or vides you post on our Service.
- Geolocation data, including location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Employment and education data, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
For more information on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the Information Collection section. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the Use of Information section, including to provide and manage our Services.
Company does not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include advertising technology activities such as those disclosed in the Analytics and Advertising section as a “sale,” we will comply with applicable law as to such activity. Company discloses the following categories of personal information for commercial purposes: identifiers, demographic information, commercial information, internet activity, geolocation data and inferences. We use and partner with different types of entities to assist with our daily operations and manage our Service. Please review the Sharing of Information section for more detail about the parties we have shared information with.
Right to Know and Delete
If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you and the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our online form available at https://dsar.goepson.com or call our toll free number at 1-800-822-0313. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Right to Opt-Out
To the extent Company sells your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information.You may also submit a request to opt-out by calling our toll-free number at 1-800-822-0313.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Shine the Light
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email or postal address set out in “Contact Us” above and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
- Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents.
Nevada consumers may submit requests directing businesses not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to obtain information about our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.