How do I scan a document so I can edit the text in a word processing program?
- You can scan a document and convert the text into data that you can edit with a word processing program using a process called OCR (Optical Character Recognition). To scan and use OCR, you need to use an OCR program, such as ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus.
- Items that have been copied from other copies
- Text with tightly spaced characters
- Text that is in tables or underlined
- Cursive or italic fonts and font sizes less than 8 points
OCR software cannot recognize handwritten characters and certain types of documents or text may be difficult for OCR software to recognize, such as:
Published: Dec 1, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!