I can't start Epson Scan 2. What should I do?
- Be sure to use the USB cable that came with the scanner.
- Make sure your scanner is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart Epson Scan 2.
- If you connected the scanner using a USB cable, make sure it is connected directly to your computer or through only one USB hub.
- Make sure you do not have multiple versions of Epson Scan 2 installed. If you do, uninstall all versions and install one version.
- If you are using the scanner over a network, make sure the network cable is securely connected.
- If you are using the scanner over a network, make sure your scanner is displayed in the Scanner Settings screen on the control panel. If your scanner is not displayed in the list, click Enable Editing and click Add. Add your scanner on the Add Network Scanner screen.
- Make sure the PC Connection via USB setting is not disabled on the control panel.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan 2, try reinstalling it.
- If you are using a TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct product is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- Make sure the power light stops flashing, indicating that the scanner is ready to scan.
If you cannot start Epson Scan 2, try these solutions:
Uninstall Your Scanner Software
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Published: Jun 22, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!