My scanning software doesn't work properly in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
- Make sure your computer has adequate memory and meets the system requirements for your operating system.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart your scanning software.
- Make sure the scanner is turned on.
- Make sure the connection between the scanner and your computer is secure.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall your scanning software, try reinstalling it.
- On Windows, be sure that the scanner is listed under Imaging Devices in the Device Manager.
- Connect the scanner directly to the computer. The scanner may not work properly when connected through a USB hub.
- If you are using a TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct product is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- If you are using the scanner with the optional Network Interface Unit, make sure the network cable is securely connected.
- If your scanner is connected to one computer via USB and another computer via wireless connection, and Epson Scan 2 is running on the wirelessly connected computer, pressing the start button on the scanner will save the scanned images to the wirelessly connected computer.
If your scanning software does not operate correctly, try these solutions:
Uninstall Your Scanner Software
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Published: Jul 13, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!